My comparison between GNUcash and Skrooge (if anyone is interested)

Dustin Henning The00Dustin at gmx.net
Thu Sep 27 08:41:27 EDT 2012

-----Original Message-----
From: Eric Ladner [mailto:eric.ladner at gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 27, 2012 07:32
To: The00Dustin at gmx.net
Cc: Algeorge; gnucash-user at gnucash.org
Subject: Re: My comparison between GNUcash and Skrooge (if anyone is
interested)

On Thu, Sep 27, 2012 at 5:17 AM, Dustin Henning <The00Dustin at gmx.net> wrote:
> I didn't watch the video (because I'm more of a reading person), but
> I'm not sure your pronunciation of GnuCash is wrong.  The reason I say
> this is I saw the post that said something to the effect of "most
> people I know pronounce it gu-noo", but I believe it is called GnuCash
> because it is based on the Gnu public license, which I believe comes
> from the Gnu operating system whose mascot is an animal called a gnu
> (see gnu.org).  That gnu is pronounced new, not gu-new, and therefore,
> if you pronounced it new-cash, I believe you were right (and sometimes,
most people are wrong, see history).

GNU, as in gnu.org pronounces the G.

Yes, the mascot is a gnu (pronounced like "noo" or "nu", but that's part of
the pun, I suppose.  The name "GNU" is a recursive acronym meaning "GNU's
Not Unix".

Listen to Richard Stallman (the guy that created it):
http://www.gnu.org/pronunciation/pronunciation.html

--
Eric Ladner

Nice, not going to listen for the same reason I didn't watch the video, but
I accept evidence/facts, just not "most people think/say."  ;)