RES: Project cost accounting.

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 29 13:55:08 EDT 2012

Andre--

I suspect that linuxGuy is looking for some sort of feature similar to Quicken's Classes, which allow a user to insert an additional organizing data element into a transaction, and report on that.

@LinuxGuy: if that is what you are looking for, you will have to accept the fact that Gnucash doesn't offer anything like Quicken classes. It is one of the most-requested features that new users of Gnucash seek, but to this date, no one has stepped up to program the feature in.

Your only option is to set up the separate accounts structures in the way that you described.

David