RES: Project cost accounting.

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 29 14:56:12 EDT 2012

Please keep your replies on the list.

There have been a number of discussions over the years, and I believe that there is something about it on Uservoice. ASs to whether there is a spec written, I doubt that something formal has been drawn up, but I am usually wrong when I make such assertions.

I feel it necessary to take up your aside regarding getting data directly from a database query. Please note that while Gnucash offers a database-based storage option, the data contained in that structure is not well-formed. I believe that the terminology that the experts use is to say that the data structures are largely bound up in the program logic. This means that extracting data from the database is not necessarily as straightforward as many database geeks expect.

David