Writing Custom Reports in 2.4.11

Matt Forbis mdforbis at forbii.com
Mon Apr 1 15:22:58 EDT 2013

I've been trying to make a custom report based on the balsheet-equile report as a template in windows on 2.4.11.  I copied the report and then started modifying it as described in the wiki.  I was experiencing issues with getting a custom CSS file to display inside of GNUCash when running the report (both mine and the standard one included in GNUCash).  When I exported the report to HTML, I would see it was putting the css file link into the HTML file as "C:\Users\mforbis\.gnucash\balsheet-eg.css" and this was not being displayed correctly, however if I changed the link to start with file:/// and the CSS would apply correctly.  As I was looking around for what I was doing wrong, I looked at the taxinvoice.equile.scm since it is also based on a eguile style report, it appears to put the file url into the HTML file with a call to make-file-url, and if I do the same thing, it appears to then display the CSS correctly inside of GNUCash.  Since I'm knew
 to writing custom reports with GNUCash and learning scheme/eguile, I don't want to put this in the bug tracker if I'm not doing something correctly.  So, is there something else I should be doing, or did I go about fixing the report in the correct manner?

Thanks,
Matt