Importing Quicken files

Liz edodd at billiau.net
Tue Apr 2 15:42:28 EDT 2013

On Tue, 2 Apr 2013 12:44:51 +1100
Lynne C <ljazz5 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Sorry, forgot to copy everyone.
> Cheers,
> Lynne
>

> To: nkoss at dr.com
> From: ljazz5 at hotmail.com
> Subject: Re: Importing Quicken files
> Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2013 08:55:34 +1100
>
> Thanks Neal. The version of Quicken I have doesn't export in QIF
> format. Apparently the packages sold in Australia don't! But your
> feedback makes me feel better about staying with Quicken. Cheers,
> Lynne
>
> Sent from my HTC Velocity 4G on the Next G network

There are other suggestions than importing old transactions
You can start afresh at the beginning of a financial year, and just
enter your totals as if you had 'closed off the books'.
Or some people use both in parallel over a changeover period.

Neal didn't state for what purpose he was using his financial program.
Personal, community organisation or business?
I've noted that community organisations have some different needs with
regard to members and membership benefits which Gnucash doesn't seem to
handle well.
I suspect that a spreadsheet might be a better item for some of the
cases I have seen described on the mailing list.

Obviously long time Quicken users will be used to what they have, and
those who changed 15 years ago (like me) wouldn't cope any more with
Quicken because we are very used to the way Gnucash works.

Liz