Merging "Description" and "Memo" fields

Jesus M Diaz jesusm.diazperez at gmail.com
Thu Apr 4 05:36:18 EDT 2013

Till now I was using other accounting software (AceMoney) based on 'payees'
and 'categories'.

The categories are being easyly replaced by accounts, but I'm having some
troubles with 'payees'. The 'payee' info by itself is not enough usually
and it needs of a note. The note is being stored in the 'memo' field', So I
have that most times, the 'payee' has been set into the 'description'
field, and the notes into the 'memo' field, but althought I can set the
display to show two lines and therfore see the description and the memo,
that's not a confortable way if the register is quite long.

So I wonder if would be there any easy way to merge both field into one,
something like:

- If 'description' is not empty and 'memo' is not empy, set 'description'
with "description: memo" and clean 'memo'

- If 'description' is not empty and 'memo' is empy, do nothing

- If 'description' is empty and 'memo' is not empy, set 'description' with
"memo" and clean 'memo'

Thanks a lot!
JM