Starting the Yeat mantaining the accounts structure

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Thu Apr 4 12:20:36 EDT 2013

Hi,

Daniel Picardi <dpicardi at gmail.com> writes:

> Hi Everybody
>
> I´ve been using GNUCash for several years so I have file with data for
> several years.
> I want to start a new, clean,  file from January 1, 2013 but retain
> the structure of the accounts.
> Is there any way to do it?

File -> Export Accounts
  < remember the filename >
File -> Open
  < saved filename >

Note that this is only for Personal Books.  It will lose all Business
data (Customers, Vendors, Invoices, etc).  Also you will need to enter
your opening balances manually in all your asset and liability accounts.

Good Luck,