Importing customers, vendors and products

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Thu Apr 4 12:33:11 EDT 2013

Hi,

ecomin <ian at alnaturalhealth.com> writes:

> I am trying GNU Cash 2.4.12 on windows XP. I have imported my accounts files
> from Quick books via QIF>CSV.
> I now want to import all my customers, vendors, and products. The only thing
> I can find is how to do it on Linix.
>
> Any help gratefully accepted.

First, GnuCash does not have Inventory support, so you couldn't import
"products".  Second, unfortunately there isn't an importer for customer
or vendors at this time.  There are some Python scripts that may help
with that, but we don't build the Python bindings on Windows because,
frankly, 99% (or more) of Windows Users would never need or use them.

Sorry,