Just downloaded to my Mac; question #1 and #2

Peg Kelley kelley at facplus.com
Thu Apr 4 16:43:08 EDT 2013

I have never used software that isn't proprietary so I apologize in advance for what may be a foolish question(s).

I downloaded Gnucash and placed it in Applications as told.  Now a box has appeared that says,
"osascript wants to make changes.  Type your password to allow this."

What's osascript?

What password?  My computer password or some Gnucash serial number or what?

I recently, due to pilot error, caused a computer meltdown so I'm rather skittish about new software.  Thanks for any help.

Peg