Reporting Puzzle

Doug Brown toquehead at gmail.com
Sun Apr 7 03:26:38 EDT 2013

Apologies in advance for the stupid question, but I can't figure this
out or find the answer in the archives.

I've got some investments in a foreign land, which have a series of
distributions consisting of split transactions: capital gains or income
and non-resident withholding tax. How do I report on withholding tax for
a specific investment?

My relevant accounts would be something like:

Assets:Investmensts:XYZ
Income:CAD:Interest
Expenses:CAD:Tax:Non-resident Withholding Tax

I can sort of do what I want with the Cash Flow report, but its not
great for my purposes.

Is there no way I could, say, run a report to show withheld tax by
security for selected investment accounts?

tia,

d.