? Corruption of reconciliation history

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Tue Apr 9 11:06:15 EDT 2013

"Maf. King" <maf at chilwell.net> writes:

> The log files don't, AFAIK, contain things like account
> creation/editing, business objects, budgets and possibly SX
> information.  But they would let you get "normal" transactions more
> easily than re-entering data.  I stil think it most likely that you
> have inadvertently chanded or deleted an already-reconciled
> transaction, possibly from the "other" account side, rathe than a GC
> bug or inconsistancy.
>
> Log replays would probably still contain that txn so you may still end up in
> the same place if you just drag logs in again.  There is a "reset warnings"
> option, possibly in the preferences which might help to at least reduce the
> likelyhood of this happening.

Indeed, it's quite possible that the log replay would just reintroduce
the problem.  What you could do is run the logs, one at a time, and save
between each one.  Then look at your new transactions and balances and
try to see if something changed, in particular the reconciled amount at
the bottom of the register.