gnucash-user Digest, Vol 121, Issue 23

Alex Aycinena alex.aycinena at gmail.com
Fri Apr 12 18:46:32 EDT 2013

On Fri, Apr 12, 2013 at 9:00 AM,  <cartagram at outlook.com> wrote:

> [...]

Also, don't forget that when you use invoicing, the Income Account gets
credited when you post the invoice (along with the corrsponding debit to
Receivables) not when you receive the payment (accrual basis versus cash
basis accounting). When you get the payment, typically days, weeks or even
months later, the checking account register is debited and receivables
credited. So it wouldn't make sense to see the Income Accounts as the
Transfer Acount(s) when using invoicing. And the payment may be for a
partial payment or for several invoices, etc. So there is no way for the
system to associate the Income Accounts to the Checking Account Register
when using invoicing. If you don't use invoicing and just enter the
payments when received in to the Checking Account Register, which is cash
basis accounting, then you would get exactly what you were expecting.