Tracking investments

Ed Polanco espolanco at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 16 15:48:46 EDT 2013

I am investigating different accounting software programs to determine which one
I want to use.

I would like to know if GnuCash does the following:
1. Track the basis/gains for a stock based on individual lots when FIFO method
is not used
2. Calculate the IRR of an investment

I have been playing around a little bit with the program.  I couldn't figure out
how to do either one.  For #2 I saw a discussion between Franco and Don from
January 2011 in the archives. Franco couldn't get his implementation of IRR
working in version 2.4 and I didn't see any resolution.  That's the last mention
of IRR that I could find.

Thanks in advance,
Ed