FinanceQuote Update missing from 2.4.12 OSX Binary (dmg) download?

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Wed Apr 17 20:02:50 EDT 2013

On Apr 17, 2013, at 8:53 AM, Darryl Tam <gnucash at lyrrad.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I downloaded 2.4.12 Mac Binary, and the DMG file does not include the
> FinanceQuote Update (nor the Update Dirs) app.  I downloaded the 2.4.11
> version and it was included in the DMG file.
>
> 1) Would there be any anticipated problems with using the version of
> FinanceQuote included in 2.4.11?
> 2) Should I submit this as a bug to the Bugzilla for this project?

Oops, sorry. No, there's no problem using Finance Quote Update from a previous version. It's just a little Applescript wrapper around gnc-fq-update. On the other hand, if you've already got F::Q 1.18, running Finance Quote Update won't do anything for you.

I'll get a fixed dmg up tomorrow for people who don't have an old one lying around. I don't think Update Dirs is really necessary anymore: its for upgrading from 2.2.9 to 2.4.x.

Regards,
John Ralls