Python bindings in GnuCash2.4.10 through squeeze backports

Stefan Scotzniovsky scotzniovsky at gmail.com
Thu Apr 18 03:01:38 EDT 2013

Hi,

I just started using gnucash recently and would like to use python bindings to create invoices
automatically.

Unfortunately I have not been able so far to install this properly. Between 2009 to very recently
the python bindings were only available if compiled from source code, but with squeeze backports
there seems to be a version available in debian that includes python bindings (python-gnucash
1:2.4.10-2~bpo60+1).  I have installed this and gnucash shows the new version number, but I'm unable
to import the gnucash module,  and keep getting an import error:  no module named gnucash.

I see gnucash bindings installed and I did add the /usr/lib/python2.6/dist-package to the
PYTHONPATH  also tried to call python with  "/usr/lib/gnucash/overrides/gnucash-env python" but to
no avail.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong ?

Thanks for your help
  Stefan