Using GnuCash remotely.

rclar rclar.in.dc at gmail.com
Thu Apr 25 18:18:52 EDT 2013

GnuCash is inconsistent in its handling of the gconf based settings. Based
upon my limited understanding it is undefined who owns the "session" when
you are shelled in. In my experience GnuCash will open the most recently
used file out of gconf as if you were on the remote machine, but if you do
a save as, you run the risk of not working off the most recent file, if you
are on that remote machine at a later time.

I discussed this on the mailing list a bit back, and can forward the thread
if you can't find it. Gconf is deprecated, so there will be no hope there,
and I have had no luck trying to learn how gsettings will handle the
situation.

I run ssh -X all the time, but stopped doing save as (which I normally do
weekly) from anywhere but my main desktop.