Importing information from Quicken

Colin Law clanlaw at googlemail.com
Sat Apr 27 16:39:23 EDT 2013

On 27 April 2013 21:31, johnfaye <johnfaye at ptd.net> wrote:

Don't forget to copy the list when replying (you have to use Reply to
All or Reply to List dependant on your email s/w.

> Colin,
>
> I was able to export a QIF file from Quicken, but it only includes the
> checking account that I have in Quicken and not my other accounts. I cannot
> get it to export the other accounts. The Quicken backup files that Quicken
> uses are QDF files and they are much larger than the QIF file that I
> exported. When I go to export files from Quicken, it gives two options: QIF
> file; and "Quicken Transfer Format (.QXF) Files." (Yes, it does say QXF, not
> QFX.) I tried that a little, but do not think it helped. I will look into it
> further.

It is many years since I did it, but if I remember correctly there are
options in the export to specify which accounts to include.

> Also, my Quicken support expires on April 30th. If I use GNUCash, I hope I
> will be able to download information for all my accounts from the web.

Don't know about that, I don't use that feature.  Sorry.

Colin