Equity doesn't balance

Carsten Rinke carsten.rinke at gmx.de
Sun Apr 28 12:56:12 EDT 2013

Hi Marty,

I think you should rather look at e.g. the Balance Sheet
(Reports->Asset&Liability).

If I get it right, you are looking at the equity accounts where the
opening balances are "generated", and they are meant to only show the
opening balances.
If you have additional income from the Income-type accounts into your
assets, your Equity will increase, but that will affect the equity
accounts. Instead, your equity (= assets - liabilities) it will be
calculated e.g. in the balance sheet report.

Kind regards,
/Carsten