Pretty reports

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Mon Apr 29 13:38:21 EDT 2013

Hi,

Vegar Hatlevik <vegar.hatlevik at gmail.com> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I am new to gnucash and so far I like it, but i cringe at the layout of the
> Customer Report. This is the report which I will be sending out to
> customers on a regular basis, in addition to the invoices, and I want it to
> look neat and professional.
>
> How can I change the formatting, alternatively insert preformatted
> letterheads as images? I don't need anything fancy. Just changing text and
> table formatting. Of course I could save the report to html file and apply
> a style sheet, but that is a rather clunky solution.

Short of the GnuCash Stylesheets, there are very few options for
"prettifying" the reports, and even fewer for significantly adjusting
the layout.  Often you can adjust *what* is reported through the report
options, but rarely can you easily control *how* it is
reported/displayed.

The e-guile report system was supposed to help this by letting you
provide your own HTML template for the report, but very few reports have
migrated over to e-guile.

Alas, I don't have any additional suggestions for you,