A question of Gcash connect to MYSQL

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Tue Apr 30 09:56:34 EDT 2013

On Apr 30, 2013, at 2:25 AM, Polo InitX <initxpolo at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
>    After that I have do a test.
> Choose English US in windows control panel then run Gnucash input the host username password for  MYSQL connection.
> when connection was success create the count then quit the Gnucash. then go to the control panel change the local from
> English US back to Chinese RPC  then run Gnucash again there is a dialogue window to ask username and password for MYSQL connection at this time any input will be accept and display.
> maybe this test will give a little help to fix this issue.

Interesting. When the dialog comes up, are there already values in it?

> BTW: Is anyone could tell me if I rename the Assets into Chinese or Japanese or other language, is this rename will sync to MYSQL.
> I'm afraid of this will make a character problem.

The connection between Gnucash and MySQL is supposed to be encoded in UTF-8, so it *should* work as long as you've localized the MySQL for Chinese as well. Its default is Swedish, which has caused trouble for unwary users.

Regards,
John Ralls