Previously Opened Files

Alan Jordan adjordan at talktalk.net
Tue Aug 6 01:08:14 EDT 2013

I have been using Gnucash for quite a while now, and generally find it
meets all my Accounting needs extremely well.

*HOWEVER*, I always seem to end up with one irritating, although not
serious, problem; that is the List of Previously Opened Files under the
File Menu, which you use to select which of your Gnucash Accounts you
want to open. For a variety of reasons, I always seem to end up having
one Account in the list, that while it used to be valid, no longer is.
Unfortunately Gnucash seems to have no built in facilities to manage
this List. I'm sure that the relevant information is stored in some File
hidden somewhere in Linux, and that with a little guidance I could edit
it to get rid of the offending Entry, but I don't know where to go, and
if there is anything I need to be aware of when editing the File; can
anyone help me?

Alan Jordan