Application not opening

Sarah von Blumenthal sarah.vonblumenthal at gmail.com
Fri Aug 9 15:08:41 EDT 2013

I'm not a techie, so bear with me. I've downloaded Gnucash several times (tried a couple of different eleases) but I can't get it to run on my mac. (I'm using Mountain Lion btw) WIth the most recent stable release I get an error message "Gnucash requires authentication to create a link to the binary" followed by a login prompted by osascript. I've read the install.txt, but as a mere mortal who doesn't normally need to fire up the Terminal, it doesn't mean much to me. I'm happy to work through an install using the Terminal, but I need clear instructions on what to do as it's not familiar to me. I really want to get up and running with Gnucash, but it's beating me at the moment. Can anyone steer me through this?

SvB