Cash Sale Linked to customers ?

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Sat Aug 10 03:28:41 EDT 2013

On Fri 9 August 13 16:10:37 sam_i_am_not wrote:
> I think I will go with Maf's work around.  Seems quite the oddity not having
> this ability.  My last business had 1/2 it's cash sales tracked to
> customers over the counter and only about 10% were invoiced.
>
> Thanks to both those who responded.

Hi,

I think it is mostly a philosophy thing.  When the GC business module was
created (signficantly later than GC was started), the author (not me) designed
something to keep track of Accounts Receivable (and Payable), where the
document and money flow usually happen some time apart - this is called
accrual accounting by the accountants.

An "over the counter" cash sale is clearly never an A/R, which is why the
create an invoice - post an invoice - process payment workflow is somewhat
cumbersome for cash transactions, IMHO.

HTH,
Maf.