Cash Sale Linked to customers ?

sam_i_am_not straddle at outlook.com
Sun Aug 11 01:23:03 EDT 2013

On to the next query, the other end.  Spending the donors money

We want to track how much each project we have funded receives (Vendors ?)
BUT expense correctly.  eg a regular distribution of food to allow kids to
go to school and not have to work is on project in one village but that
might include: transportation, paying an agent to purchase the food, the
food itself etc etc.  I would like to expense against all those cost centers
to keep track but also know what amount is going to each project over all.

I had assumed I would have each project set up as a Vendor and then expense
against the necessary Expense account but I am running into the same issue
as receiving funds. How do I pay a vendor cash ? set up a bill and then pay
it by looking at it ?

The only other way I could think of is to repeat the account under each
project, seems cumbersome ?

To make matters worse, when in Australia we work in AUD and in Cambodia in
USD  but Gnucash handles that very nicely.  I had thought of separate
accounts entirely. One for Aus and one for KH because when in KH posting to
Aus, we pay in USD but then in Aus, postage to KH is paid in AUD.  Thoughts
?

I hope all of that makes sense, because I am confused just reading it.