Reset import assignment

jsherk jeff at iwebss.com
Mon Aug 12 13:35:55 EDT 2013

>> Whenever I import a CSV file, it gets to the Generic Import
>> Transaction Matcher and shows the List Of Downloaded Transactions, and
>> in the INFO column I made the mistake of previously trying to assign
>> some transactions to specic accounts, but now it will automatically
>> try to assign accounts to some transactions, and the account
>> assignment is almost always wrong.
>>
>> Is there a way to reset this automatic account assignment so it just
>> goes back to leaving them all assigned to UNBALANCED?
>
>No, there is no easy way to do this..  There definitely is no way to do
>it in the UI.  An unsupported method would be to remove the mapping
>entries from the Account KVP Slots in the XML Data file, but this is
>neither recommended nor supported (and you should definitely make a
>backup of your datafile before you attempt it).
>
>> I would rather just import them all into the account first as
>> UNBALANCED then go back and manually assign them.

>Why?  The importer is learning from previous behavior to make it easier
>for you going forward.  It's supposed to learn that whenever it sees a
>transaction for Publix then it should go to Expenses:Groceries.  This
>should be encouraged, not discouraged.
>
>> Thanks

>-derek

Okay thanks Derek.

The problem I have is it does not seem to "learn" very well. So I assign
Publix to Groceries but next time I import it wants to put Publix in Bank
Fees. It seems almost random and almost all transactions are always wrong.

Anyways I have started assigning everything to IMBALANCE account in hopes it
will "learn" to put everything there than I can manually set them to correct
account after import.

Thanks