Reset import assignment

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Fri Aug 16 11:20:07 EDT 2013

jsherk <jeff at iwebss.com> writes:

> Okay thanks Derek.
>
> The problem I have is it does not seem to "learn" very well. So I assign
> Publix to Groceries but next time I import it wants to put Publix in Bank
> Fees. It seems almost random and almost all transactions are always wrong.

Hmm.  Do you have Bayesian Matching turned on in your Preferences?  All
I can imagine is that there are alternate pieces of text in the
transactions that confuse it.  I have no idea why it would miscategorize
like this.

> Anyways I have started assigning everything to IMBALANCE account in hopes it
> will "learn" to put everything there than I can manually set them to correct
> account after import.

Your alternative is to remove all the matching data from the account
slots in the XML file.  Again, this isn't "supported", and you should
definitely backup your data file before you attempt it.