gnucash-user Digest, Vol 125, Issue 16

David sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 12 15:41:22 EDT 2013

The error you present in the image may be different than the one you started with. Is it possible that you are trying to import the ofx file more than once? The importer will recognize this and tell you that there is nothing to do. That's what the image suggests.

As for the original account mapping question, it seems there are two issues: that of choosing accounts in the Android app, and that of getting Gnucash proper to import into its accounts. My recollection of the app is that you put a transaction into one account (say, MyChecking), and designate a second account (somewhat akin to assigning it a category) . As I recall, this then gets put into the ofx. You'd then, upon import, identify the base account of the import, and then assign each transaction to its second account.

On your picture, there do not appear to be any new transactions, so we can't tell anything about the mapping.

David