Mutual Funds

Gregory Forster fgreg74 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 13 16:56:54 EDT 2013

Hi,

     MY ISP and email address have changed since I last posted, thus I
suppose I'm no longer registered.  I hope my query goes through, though.
I've been using GNUcash for several years and am presently using GNUcash
vs. 2.4.11.

     I have a Roth IRA in 4 mutual funds and a Traditional IRA in 6
mutual funds. The 4 funds in the Roth are also in the Traditional.
First, I started with the traditional. I first created the 6 mutual fund
accounts. I entered in the activity information for each account: Dollar
amount, Price per share and Amount of shares for each transaction. The
cumulative Shares in the list of accounts balanced to the brokerage
statement.  I then created sub-accounts for each mutual fund, called,
"Monetary Calculations." The monetary calculations in the list of
accounts balanced with the "Position Summary" of the brokerage
statement. Everything looked great and balanced fine with the list of
accounts.

     I then proceeded to enter in all the Roth data.  I created the
mutual fund accounts and entered the activity information. Everything
looked good.  However, for some reason, the activity information for the
Roth appeared correct in the list of accounts, however, all the
Traditional balances disappeared from the list of accounts, but only for
the mutual funds that were in both the Roth and the Traditional IRA
accounts. And the total cumulative amount for the monetary calculations
went to $0.00, though they are there for the individual accounts.  Each
sub account and each mutual fund is intact correct.  Reports seem to
calculate correctly as before.. But the account list is inaccurate
regarding the two IRAs, the same mutual funds and the cumulative
monetary calculations.  Is this a bug with the account list, or what am
I doing wrong?

Greg