"Automatic Payment Forward" - what the hell?

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Fri Aug 16 12:05:22 EDT 2013

On 16-08-13 17:38, Derek Atkins wrote:
> tereque <tereque at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> hi Maf,
>>

>> On 2013.08.14 12:00 AM, gnucash-user-request at gnucash.org wrote:
>>
>>> I think it comes about if you try to pay several invoices with one payment -
>>> whilst GC by default will allocate payments to the oldest invoice first
>>> (FIFO).  You can make one invoice "jump the queue", but not several.  EG. if
>>> invoices 1 to 5 are outstanding, you can allocate payment to no.3, but not 2
>>> and 4 - you'll pay 1 and part of 2.
> This is correct, at least for now.  I believe Geert has been working on
> a way to select the invoices to be paid as part of his 2.6 work.
Yes, indeed. In 2.6 you will be able to select a set of invoices to
apply a payment to. This feature is mostly finished. The only issue
still standing is that the automatic payment assignments still happen
when you post a new invoice/credit note. I will have to make this
optional (I know some people like this, but it would be in the way for
the OP's situation).

Geert