Retrieving spanish stock quotes in windows - Broken Finance::Quote

Lt. Goose ltgoose at gmail.com
Wed Aug 14 09:06:23 EDT 2013

Hi all.

I've been trying to retrieve spanish stock quotes with gnucash 2.4.11 in
Windows 7. I know some time ago, yahoo europe discontinued spanish quotes,
but yesterday I fiddled with a new quote_file to retrieve them from another
website (using a file some other gnucash user posted to Finance::Quote some
months ago). I had to fix it because the web formatting had changed, but I
think I got it running.
I was testing all this with a new file (BolsaMadrid.pm) following the
guidelines described in the Quote Hackers Guide (
http://cpansearch.perl.org/src/PJF/Finance-Quote-1.11/Documentation/Hackers-Guide)
and checking the results with the script gnc-fq-dump.

I finally managed to get the right quotes and decided to integrate this new
source to gnucash, following this other guide (
http://stephan.paukner.cc/syslog/archives/401-How-to-add-new-quote-sources-to-GnuCash.html).
However, when I started gnucash again and tested the new source, I got an
error retrieving the quotes. I went back to command line and checked again
the quotes I was retrieving and it stopped working.

Now I cannot get any quote from any source. It seems I have broken some
F::Q file or something because I get no quotes at all:

  C:\Program Files (x86)\gnucash\bin>perl gnc-fq-dump -v yahoo AMZN
  No results found for stock AMZN.
  C:\Program Files (x86)\gnucash\bin>perl gnc-fq-dump -v yahoo AMZN
  No results found for stock AMZN.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can debug this? I obviously tried
-v flag but no other message appears.
Thanks in advance.
Gus.