Portfolio data

Jesse C crimson.corelio at gmail.com
Wed Aug 28 13:25:27 EDT 2013

The golden rule, for me at least, in keeping the Advanced Portfolio account
working is to always route transactions through an Asset/Bank account.  So
when you sell to pay something to pay for a fee that would actually be two
transactions for me.

Fund Account -> Liquid Asset account
Liquid Asset account -> Expense

I've found that doing things like
Fund Account -> Expense
causes some of the reports to be very twitchy.

So for all of my investment accounts, I make sure they have a Liquid
account.  The hierarchy might look something like:
Vanguard Account
-- Fund 1
-- Fund 2
-- Liquid