Automatic Reconcilliation using MT940 or OFX

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Mon Dec 2 10:27:45 EST 2013

Hi,

Egbert van der Wal <ewal at pointpro.nl> writes:

> So I still have to do the manual reconcilliation even if there is a
> complete match with the imported OFX file?

Yes, because reconciliation is about making sure that your accounts
match the bank accounts at well defined boundaries.  This is done by
going through your bank statement and "reconciling" your accounts to the
bank's view of your accounts.  All that an import proves is that your
transaction has cleared the bank, which is why it gets marked as C.

This is by all design.

> And then still the issue remains that only half of the items are
> actually cleared, even though all of them have been matched (and are
> green) in the import matcher. The rest remain marked as 'N' even
> though I did select 'R' in the import matcher. Am I running into a bug
> here?

Sorry, I don't have an answer for this.  It may be a bug or it may be
user input error.  Sorry I cannot you with help that.

> Thanks for your reply,
>
> Egbert van der Wal

-derek