Help importing Quicken files

Lydia Weikel Cox lydiaweikelcox at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 3 00:19:17 EST 2013

I have recently needed to replace my hard drive, on which my Quicken files resided.  I had downloaded Q2010 vs a CD, but did not think to make a copy of the downloaded exe file.  Q2010 is no longer supported and can no longer be downloaded—but didn’t think about that before sending the laptop for a new HD.  My son, the techie who is quite knowlegeable (builds and maintains network for large multi-site medical entity) did the HD switch, but could not locate the Quicken install files to reinstall on new hard drive, though data files were txfred with other files. I did do a Quicken back-up to a thumbdrive before sending my computer away however, but now without the exe files they cannot be accessed and I’ve read there may be issues in trying to convert from Q2010 format to new Q2013 or 2014 format if i buy new version—plus the expense of buying a program I’m familiar with but use only part of it.  Where are the GIF files for Q generally
 located so they can be imported to GnuCash?  So far, i'm not finding that file extension either.  if worse comes to worse, he said he can reinstall the old HD to access Quicken.  I have business records and other I must retrieve!

Lydia

"Every experience GOD gives us, every person HE puts in our lives,
is the perfect preparation for the future that only HE can see."
Corrie Ten Boom

Lydia Weikel Cox
Belleville, PA 17004
717-935-2636