Check printing is missing a split entry.

Mike Alexander mta at umich.edu
Thu Dec 5 00:03:33 EST 2013

--On December 4, 2013 8:54:30 PM -0500 Dennis Shimer
<dshimer at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have the following in a CHK file which puts the splits in two
> different formats on the second and third part of a check.
> Everything works fine as far as content and spacing except in every
> single case there are 7 split entries in the check and only 6 of them
> print.  Everything else with the check is fine except the numbers in
> the splits on the printed check don't add up to the correct value
> because the last split entry is just not there.

Have you tried printing with the built in "Quicken/QuickBooks (tm)
US-Letter 3-part" check format?  This format also prints the splits'
accounts and amounts (but not memos).  I created a transaction with
lots of splits and printed it using this format and it seemed ok.  I
also looked at the code and can't see how it could possibly skip some
splits or stop early.  Perhaps your format doesn't allow enough room
for all 7 values and the last one is being clipped out.  To see what's
really being printed you can print to a postscript file and look at the
postscript with a text editor.  You don't really have to understand
Postscript to be able to figure out whether all the splits are there.

              Mike