Trading destroyed Gnucash file!

Lukas Haase lukashaase at gmx.at
Fri Dec 20 15:25:27 EST 2013

On 2013-12-20 11:50, David Carlson wrote:
> On 12/20/2013 4:03 AM, Lukas Haase wrote:
>> [...]
>> About one month ago, I checked "Use Trading Accounts" in the settings.
>>
>> I was not sure what this was for and I did not see any changes.
>>
>> Now I realized that everything is messed up: There is a new account
>> "Trading" and many (all?) of my transactions contain stuff like
>> Trading:CURRENCY:USD, Trading:CURRENCY:EUR.
>>
>> Can I revert this somehow?
>> [...]
> I do not think that everything is actually messed up.  I think it may be
> providing "Too Much Information" for your taste.  I have not tested it
> myself, but it is on my wishlist when I have time.  Perhaps other users
> have worked with it enough to be able to tell you how to suppress it
> relatively safely.

Thanks.

On any case, I think (and hope) I could fix it:
1.) Untick the trading accounts again
2.) Delete Trading hierarchy including all transactions
3.) Orphaned transactions will be in "Unbalanced-USD" and
"Unbalanced-EUR". Those are real transactions with zero splits. The zero
splits are just removed manually.

I hope I didn't mess up more but for now it seems fine again.

Luke