Error retrieving price quotes

David Lynch dlynch1319 at googlemail.com
Sat Dec 21 16:05:33 EST 2013

  On 21/12/2013 17:39, Fred Bone wrote:

Many thanks for your reply: comments are interspersed.
> On 21 December 2013 at 16:29, David Lynch said:
>
>>    I am a new user of GnuCash, 2.4.13 on Windows Vista Sp2.
>>
>> I am running GnuCash Portable. I think I have installed Finance::Quote
>> correctly (but I can't see how to verify this or find the version). I have
>> installed Perl 5.16.3 on the portable disc.
>>
>> I have a security
>> """"""""""
>> Security Information
>> Full name: Aviva Inv Corporate Bond 1
>> Symbol/abbreviation: NA92
>> Type: FUND
>> ISIN, CUSIP or other code: GB0004459359
>> Fraction traded: 1/ 100000
>> Quote Source Information
>> / Get Online Qotes
>> Type of quote source
>> * Single: Trustnet, GB
>> Timezone: Europe/London
>> """"""""""
>> When I click Get Quotes in the Price Editor, I get a command line widow
>> appear with Perl, it then disappears without any text in the window.  I
>> get a window in GnuCash "There was an unknown error while retrieving the
>> price quotes".
>>
>> I have googled similar reports and tried to follow the advice ...
>> without progress.
> Running gnc-fq-dump from the Windows command line gets me

>> C:\Program Files\gnucash\bin>perl gnc-fq-dump trustnet NA92
>> No results found for stock NA92.
> (and the same if I specify the ISIN instead)
> and if I try suffixing with the usual ".L" (for LSE):
>
>> C:\Program Files\gnucash\bin>perl gnc-fq-dump trustnet NA92.L
>> No results found for stock NA92.L.
> which suggests that Trustnet doesn't provide data for this fund.
>
> Have you reason to think that it should do?
Yes, I have been using it to update my previous Quicken accounts for the
last ten years:
http://www.trustnet.com/Tools/Portfolio/Valuation.aspx?selectPortfolio=2001086371

contains:
Aviva Inv Corporate Bond 1 -- -- GBX -- 55.64 -- -- --
> I note that uk.finance.yahoo.com recognises the ISIN (when suffixed with
> ".L") but not the symbol you give, and gives very little data.

I got the ISIN from
http://www.digitallook.com/cgi-bin/dlmedia/security.cgi?csi=36252&action=fund_charts&username=&ac=
<http://www.digitallook.com/cgi-bin/dlmedia/security.cgi?csi=36252&action=fund_charts&username=&ac=>
"Aviva Investors Corporate Bond 1 NAV
IMA Sector: Corporate Bond ISIN: GB0004459359 Fund Type: OEIC
Add To Portfolio
Henderson News

55.64p "

The "NA92" is the CITICODE from
http://www.trustnet.com/Factsheets/Factsheet.aspx?fundCode=NUSTB&univ=U
<http://www.trustnet.com/Factsheets/Factsheet.aspx?fundCode=NUSTB&univ=U>

" Bid Offer Date Yield OCF help Citicode SEDOL
pdf AVIVA INV CORPORATE BOND A INC 52.09 (p) 20-Dec-2013 3.35 1.12% GN67
3249468
pdf AVIVA INV CORPORATE BOND 1 INC 55.64 (p) 20-Dec-2013 3.66 0.82% NA92
0445935"

==================

I tried to use yahoo instead of Trustnet:

I tried:
* single Yahoo Europe
multiple
* Europe (Yahoo, ...)
and got:
Unable to retrieve quotes for these items:
FUND:GB0004459359.L
Continue using only the good quotes?

=============================
I have tried various codes and various sources and have been unable to
get anything that can be used by gnucash. The best I have done is:
J:\PortableApps\GnuCashPortable\App\GnuCash\bin>perl gnc-fq-dump usa RHAT
Finance::Quote fields Gnucash uses:
symbol: RHAT <=== required
date: ** missing ** <=== required
currency: ♂ <=== required
last: 0.00 <=\
nav: <=== one of these
price: <=/
timezone: <=== optional

** This stock quote cannot be used by gnucash!!

Is there or can you provide an example that works which I might be able
to adapt?

David Lynch