Error retrieving price quotes

Fred Bone Fred.Bone at dial.pipex.com
Sat Dec 21 12:39:29 EST 2013

On 21 December 2013 at 16:29, David Lynch said:

>   I am a new user of GnuCash, 2.4.13 on Windows Vista Sp2.
>
> I am running GnuCash Portable. I think I have installed Finance::Quote
> correctly (but I can't see how to verify this or find the version). I have
> installed Perl 5.16.3 on the portable disc.
>
> I have a security
> """"""""""
> Security Information
> Full name: Aviva Inv Corporate Bond 1
> Symbol/abbreviation: NA92
> Type: FUND
> ISIN, CUSIP or other code: GB0004459359
> Fraction traded: 1/ 100000
> Quote Source Information
> / Get Online Qotes
> Type of quote source
> * Single: Trustnet, GB
> Timezone: Europe/London
> """"""""""
> When I click Get Quotes in the Price Editor, I get a command line widow
> appear with Perl, it then disappears without any text in the window.  I
> get a window in GnuCash "There was an unknown error while retrieving the
> price quotes".
>
> I have googled similar reports and tried to follow the advice ...
> without progress.

Running gnc-fq-dump from the Windows command line gets me

> C:\Program Files\gnucash\bin>perl gnc-fq-dump trustnet NA92
> No results found for stock NA92.

(and the same if I specify the ISIN instead)
and if I try suffixing with the usual ".L" (for LSE):

> C:\Program Files\gnucash\bin>perl gnc-fq-dump trustnet NA92.L
> No results found for stock NA92.L.

which suggests that Trustnet doesn't provide data for this fund.

Have you reason to think that it should do?

I note that uk.finance.yahoo.com recognises the ISIN (when suffixed with
".L") but not the symbol you give, and gives very little data.