invoice date vs bank transaction date

Parker Jones zoubidoo at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 23 08:09:34 EST 2013

Dear list,

This is probably a newbie question but I didn't find an answer in the FAQ.

I am preparing annual accounts by importing transactions from a bank account via qif.  A problem that keeps cropping up is that an invoice that falls within the accounting period has a transaction date outside the accounting period.  For tax purposes, the important date (tax point) is the invoice date and not the transaction date.

Is there a way of controlling which accounting period a transaction falls in?  I'd be interested to hear how others handle this.

With regards,
P. Jones