invoice date vs bank transaction date

Parker Jones zoubidoo at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 24 10:54:39 EST 2013

David:  Thanks for your suggestion.  I'd rather not do that as it upsets the running totals for the bank account and can lead to some confusion.

Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2013 13:27:44 -0800
From: sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Subject: Re: invoice date vs bank transaction date
To: zoubidoo at hotmail.com; gnucash-user at gnucash.org

I don't see a reply to this, so I'll jump in.
If it were up to me, after import I would change the date of the transaction to place it in the proper accounting period.
David