Batch/scheduled transactions

PK fourteenone at gmail.com
Tue Dec 31 13:16:53 EST 2013

Hi Maf,
No, paydays are strictly biweekly, every other Thursday (Apr 3, Apr 17, May
1, May 15, May 29, June 12, June 26,...). So just scheduling the paydays is
easy, but handling them differently based on which one it is within the
month seems to be where I'm stuck.
For example:
Mar 6: Payday, Set aside April mortgage
Mar 20: Payday, Set aside April car payment
Apr 3: Payday, Set aside May mortgage
Apr 17: Payday, Set aside May car payment
May 1: Payday, Set aside June mortgage
May 15: Payday, Set aside June car payment
May 29: Payday, free money! (I wish :) )
June 12: Payday, Set aside July mortgage
June 26: Payday, Set aside July car payment

In parallel to that, I have a SX for mortgage (monthly on the 1st) and a SX
car (monthly on 15th), each of which pull from the respective checking
subaccount that was allocated on one of the previous months paydays.

I hope I'm making sense. I'm trying to transition a large set of excel
books that we use, so I may be approaching things in gnucash in a not so
efficient way...

------