Upgraded OS to Mountain Lion, downloaded latest GnuCash and RUNS CRIPPLINGLY SLOW

Emily Szabo emilyszabo at ymail.com
Fri Feb 1 12:45:12 EST 2013

I have been using GnuCash for the entire 2012 accounting year and I just
upgraded my OS on my Mac from Snow Leopard to Mountain Lion. I tried to open my
original version of GnuCash and I was given a message that that version was not
compatible, so I went to gnucash.org and downloaded the latest version (about
10 days ago or so) and tried to open an existing GnuCash file, which it did
open. Unfortunately, the program runs INCREDIBLY SLOW and I can hardly navigate
it and I don't know how on earth I will be able to access all of my tax-related
data for last year. It is a nightmare and I am not a programmer by any means
and the GnuCash Wiki page is absolute Greek to me! Can anyone please tell me
what has gone wrong and how I might fix it? Please, I AM desperate. I can't
even tell you which version of GnuCash I am running because I can't get the
menu to drop down so I can locate it!