Bill vs payment

tereque tereque at gmail.com
Sat Feb 2 20:23:06 EST 2013

hi Buddha,

sorry for late response and thanks for your explanation
one step further now, really! some comments further down

On 12/01/2013 23:41, Buddha Buck wrote:

> If the expense and payment did happen simultaneously (if, for
> instance, the tool salesman pulled up in his truck, and you exchanged
> a check for $1000 of new tools), then only one transaction is
> necessary, but since the business process functions are built around
> the more general case of separate expenses and payments, it's actually
> easier to just have two transactions that go through Accounts Payable
> on the same day.
that means one would actually choose to run almost everything through a
bill/payment package? I guess that might also be a matter of taste a
little (at least in our case where many expenses vs paymnents are kind
of simultaneous). What I find a little uncomforting with this
billing/payment approach is that you get entries with the company name
of the vendor companies and not with the goods that actually have been
purchased, ordered or paid. That seems to be hidden in the bills. Maybe
I have just not yet figured out the benefits of such).

For example I want to check whether a payment for a certain component
has been done and when. I would be "ctrl f" to find that but couldn't
find any of the keywords that would come to mind. Even if I might have
spent much time to put all the details you could imagine into the bill.