File problem

Colin Law clanlaw at googlemail.com
Sun Feb 3 04:34:58 EST 2013

On 3 February 2013 07:48, David Ryder <dnryder at btinternet.com> wrote:
> Um - I put the dots there - I'm referring to the files themselves -:
>
> the first one for example is
> <name>.GNUCASH<date-time>.GNUCASH<date-time>.GNUCASH
> the third and sixth ones I dotted:

OK, I see.  What has happened with the first one, for example, is that
you opened the file <name>.gnucash.20121129135146.gnucash (which is a
backup file from <name>.gnucash) in gnucash, so it made a backup of
that by adding the further timestamp.gnucash on the end and also made
the matching log file.  They are not corrupted, just backups of
backups.  Nothing to worry about as long as you realise that you have
opened one of the backup files rather than the original.

Colin