How to set up a new year 2012 and to make (print) the Genral ledger?

Wouter A BOS w.bos at bosservices.com
Sun Feb 3 05:06:44 EST 2013

Hello,

Thank you for your help.

I am Dutch and support my wife with her administration. We live in France.
My wife runs a medical practise in a rural (social) area.

For the year 2011 I managed to do her administration in GnuCash. I remember
that I set-up her file with her accounts (I changed the names of the
accounts to match the French accounting system - hereunder print screen).

After that I was able to inform her accountant and able to print for the
accountant the General Ledger in Excel. All was fine and I was proud to have
done this (I am not a bookkeeper or accountant and as being 62 not so quick
with all the softwareJ)

Since 3 hours I am struggling to start again and to do her administration of
last year (2012). I need some help to get started again. I think my
questions are as follows:

1)      Can I simply use her same account as I created for 2011 (print
hereunder).

2)      Should I make a copy of her file and then open each Account i.e.: 70
RECETTES > Honoraires encaisses > and override every entry of 2011 and with
these of 2012?

3)      Or could I simply keep using the file of 2011 and write under the
2011 entries her new 2012 entries.

4)      But if I do that, how can I produce than the General ledger 2012 as
I did for 2011 (see print screen)?

As you see, I am really lost.

Thank you for getting me back again into the procedure.

With kind regards,

Wouter

cid:image002.png at 01CE01FE.530B1800