How to set up a new year 2012 and to make (print) the Genral ledger?

Graham Stoddart-Stones gstones at pacifera.com
Sun Feb 3 05:29:18 EST 2013

Wouter:

Your option 3 will work. Just carry on making entries for 2012 in the same accounts you used for 2011.

GnuCash does not have a year-end facility - instead, all its reports have the option of setting start and end dates. So if you want to run reports for 2012, go the reports menu, and select the report that you want (as you did for 2011). (Note that the report will run, and produce a result, which may or may not be to your liking, depending upon how the accounting year is set up. Ignore this). Under the Options menu, under the General tab, you will find that you can select the period for which you want the report to cover. The radio button defaults to Period settings, which you can choose if appropriate. Alternatively, you can change the radio buttons to Start and End dates, and select whatever you wish. Click on OK, and the report will run again, this time covering the dates that you want. That should answer your question 4.

Hope that this helps!

Graham

--
Graham Stoddart-Stones