I need help deleting an account

S. Marguerite E. Donovan columbiacsj2 at juno.com
Tue Feb 5 20:36:53 EST 2013

Dear "help"
I am a brand new user of  and am trying to set up my chart of accounts.
I had used an earlier version of QuickBooks, and had all my accounts numered and named. I am trying to replicate that chart of accounts and am running in difficulties. I numbered and named an account under Assets when it should have been under Income.
I have tried to use the Check & Repair feature without success. When I check the Summary of Accounts, the mistaken account continues to show up in the assets section.
Can you guide me?   Could I call you?
Marguerite