How to replace checks

Buddha Buck blaisepascal at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 12:45:16 EST 2013

I noticed that one of my vendors has not cashed a pair of checks I
sent them for two bills a month ago.  I have already entered the bills
into GnuCash and processed payments for those two bills.

The vendor claims he never received the checks, so I need to send out
new checks to replace them.

How do I handle this in GnuCash?  The original checks are posted.
Should I delete the transactions with the old checks and reprocess the
payments with the new checks?  Should I just change the check numbers
on the existing transactions?  Should I change the amount of the
existing transactions to 0, add a memo that the checks are void, and
reprocess the payment?