Upgrade / Migration Help: Win 2.2.9 -> Linux 2.4.10

David Carlson carlson.dl at sbcglobal.net
Wed Feb 6 20:10:51 EST 2013

On 2/6/2013 9:10 AM, Roger Day wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to figure out if it's possible to migrate from GnuCash 2.2.9
> on Windows to 2.4.10 on Linux (Ubuntu) and how would I do that?  If if
> it's not possible then are there any other options?
>
> I have the .gnucash and other gnucash data files from the windows version
>
> Thanks for any help

I am surprised that your question sat unanswered for so long.  Sorry
about that.  All you have to do is go to the Download GnuCash page
<http://www.gnucash.org/download.phtml#distribution> and read the
instructions.  It will open your current data file without any
conversion, in fact the data file is the same in every OS and many users
(myself included) switch back and forth  between computers with
different OS's daily using the same data file.

I am not at my Ubuntu computer right now.  It is running version 12.04.
I would expect Gnucash to run in 12.10 as well

David C