what exchange rate gnucash uses for reports - it's not what I entered manually

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Mon Feb 11 13:57:05 EST 2013

321654 <krok.geena at gmail.com> writes:

>> ;;    The multicurrency support has NOT been tested and IS ALPHA.  I

> OK, thank you. I guess no gnucash for me.
> Can someone please put this warning to gnucash homapge: gnucash can
> not support multicurrency accounting.
> (or something like that)

No, because it's not true..  GnuCash does support multi-currency
accounting just fine (for MOST cases -- there are still some bugs in
terms of properly handing the cap-gains/losses).  It's really just that
some of the reports may not output multi-currency in a way that you
want, but patches are always welcome.  This is a community effort after
all.  Also, in your particular case you "chose poorly" in choosing a
currency to overload for your non-standard use.  If you chose something
like, XXX, then you would've been in a much better situation than
chosing an old pre-Euro Euroland currency.

> Now, how can one get of this list :)

At the bottom of every message is a URL that you can use to get to the
list administration page which lets you unsubscribe.

-derek