Cannot find text or value inside a split

DonM dm413-gc at intielectronics.com
Wed Feb 13 09:04:39 EST 2013

I want to search my account register for words that appear in the memo field of a split transaction. This doesn't seem to work. I can find words in the description and note fields of the transaction itself, but it never finds anything when I search the memo field. Even if I search for "contains" a single letter such as "A" in the memo field it does not return anything.

Similarly, finding a "value" seems to only work for the amounts in the debit and credit fields of the main transaction. I cannot find an amount that is in the debit or credit field of a split.

Since the dialog is titled "split search" I figure this is supposed to work. Am I doing something wrong, or is this broken?

I'm using gnucash 2.4.11 on win7.

Thanks,
Don